Finite Element and Finite Difference Principles in Heat Conduction Online Course
Mon, August 24, 2020, 12:00 pm to Mon, November 2, 2020, 6:00 pm
Enhance your career with online learning!
This course is in the Certification in Practice of Finite Element Principles series. Students must complete three courses to earn the Certification in Practice of Finite Element Principles.
By the end of this course, students should successfully be able to:
- Explain Fourier’s law, material properties, and boundary conditions for hear conduction.
- Describe the underlying theory for the finite difference method.
- Compare implicit and explicit time integration schemes.
- Describe the Finite Element Method including elements, nodes, shape functions, and the element stiffness matrix.
- Describe integration points and jacobian in the finite element method.
- Construct, execute, and interpret heat conduction finite element models.