Foundations in Finite Element Principles Online Course
Mon, August 24, 2020, 12:00 pm to Mon, November 2, 2020, 6:00 pm
Enhance your career with online learning!
By the end of this course, students should successfully be able to:
- Explain linear static assumptions.
- Demonstrate the derivation of element stiffness matrix using the direct method as well as the potential energy approach.
- Relate the concepts of a global stiffness matrix, nodal degrees of freedom, and boundary condition definitions.
- Relate element order to shape functions; isoparametric mapping to mesh quality.
- Express the role of numerical integration in the finite element method.
- Construct, execute, and interpret linear structural finite element models.