Skip to main content
This new course offering is an abbreviated version of the 10-week Foundations in Finite Element Principles class. This course is designed specifically for companies that are looking for a high-level overview of FEA fundamentals for a small group. When a minimum of five participants are registered, the course schedule will be announced.
Course Learning Objectives
- Recognized connections between theoretical concepts and modeling choices.
- Pursue integrating CAE into their work.
What You'll Learn
- Discuss modeling assumptions and the element stiffness matrix.
- Boundary conditions, nodal Degrees of Freedom, element selection (line elements, plate elements, shell elements, and solid elements).
- 2 weeks delivered asynchronously with 3 synchronous sessions throughout the course.
- Assignments are limited to multiple-choice quizzes and this course does not include homework or project assignments.
- Preferably an engineering degree or related.
- Some familiarity with calculus and linear algebra.
- 1 week prior to agreed start date