Professor Soheil Soghrati
Dr. Soheil Soghrati is an assistant professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering & Materials Science and Engineering at The Ohio State University (OSU). His research interests lay in the area of computational solid mechanics with especial focus on the development and implementation of advanced numerical techniques for the automated modeling of problems with complex/evolving morphologies. Some of the problems currently being investigated in Dr. Soghrati's research group include simulating the multiscale failure response of fiber-reinforced and particulate composites, computational design of Lithium-ion battery electrodes, corrosion assisted damage in high strength alloys, digital manufacturing of wire harnesses, and development of new microstructure reconstruction and mesh generation algorithms.
- Image-based microstructure reconstruction of varying composite materials
- Automated mesh generation algorithms for creating finite element models of problems with complex geometries
- Multiscale simulation of the failure response of composite materials, involving ductile, brittle, and cohesive damage models
- Simulating the mechanical behavior of soft materials, involving plasticity, damage, and contact
- Phase filed modeling of localized corrosion and stress corrosion cracking phenomena