Office Hours Spring 2018:
Thursday and Friday 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Fuses an interdisciplinary engineering background in mechanical, bridge, and structural engineering, with expertise in friction, wear, ultrasonics, dynamic system modeling, system identification, vibration control, and structural health monitoring. Possess skills in experimentation, numerical modeling, analytical modeling, and data mining.
10+ years experience in FEA methods and structural simulation and 4+ years experience in automotive CAE. Proficient in LS-DYNA, LS-OPT, HyperMesh, ABAQUS, COMSOL, Solidworks, MATLAB, ANSYS.
10+ years experience in various mechanical testing and sensing technologies, including vibratory properties identification, non-destructive examination, friction and wear measurements.
- Modeling of carbon-fiber-reinforced-polymer (CFRP) composites
- Thermomechanical analysis of curing adhesives
- Parametric optimization using LS-OPT
- Experimental and application study of engineering friction in CAE
- Friction and wear reduction via ultrasonic lubrication
- Structural health monitoring of Donghai Bridge in Shanghai, China
Publications (link to ResearchGate)