Office Hours Spring 2018:
Tuesday and Wednesday 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
8+ years’ experience in the CFD analysis of aerodynamics (e.g., vertical-axis wind turbine aerodynamics, vehicle drag reduction), acoustics (e.g., hydrodynamic noise prediction of centrifugal pump, sunroof buffeting noise reduction, axial cooling fan noise reduction), and heat transfer (refrigerated sales cabinet).
Proficient in ANSYS Fluent, STAR-CCM+, SOLIDWORKS, PTC Creo, ICEM CFD, Tecplot, MATLAB
5+ years’ experience in experimental fluid dynamics (e.g., Horizontal-axis wind turbine aerodynamics) and aeroacoustics (e.g., axial cooling fan noise reduction).
Proficient in Particle Image Velocimetry (2-D PIV and Stereoscopic PIV), Velocity and Pressure Measurements
- Evaluation of the Vibro-Acoustic Software – Wave 6
- A Numerical Study on Automotive Grille Tonal Noise
- Numerical Study of Trailing Edge Serrations on Sunroof Buffeting Noise Reduction
- Innovative Design on the Performance Improvement for a Vertical-Axis Wind Turbine at Low Tip-Speed-Ratios
- Model-Supported Heat-Flux Sensor Development
- Combined Fluid, Structural, and Acoustic Simulation of Dishwasher Noise and Vibration
Z. Wang and M. Zhuang. Leading-Edge Serrations for Performance Improvement on a Vertical-Axis Wind Turbine at Low Tip-Speed-Ratios. Applied Energy, 2017, 1184-1197.
Z. Wang, A. Kimbrell and M. Zhuang. A Numerical Study on Automotive Grille Tonal Noise. NAFEMS World Congress, 2017. (Best Paper of Practical Use of Simulation Technology)
Z. Wang and M. Zhuang, A Numerical Study of Trailing Edge Serration on Sunroof Buffeting Noise Reduction. SAE Int. J. Veh. Dyn., Stab., and NVH, 1(2):2017.
Z. Wang, W. Tian, A. Ozbay, A. Sharma, H. Hu. An Experimental Study on the Aeromechanics and Wake Characteristics of a Novel Twin-Rotor Wind Turbine in a Turbulent Boundary Layer Flow. Experiments in Fluids, 57(9), 2016.