Tuesday 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- 9+ years of experience in finite element analysis of high-speed joining/welding/forming processes
- 9+ years of experience in thermal-structural finite element analysis of highly dynamic events
- Experienced in conducting magnetic pulse welding and vaporizing foil actuator welding, operating high voltage pulse generators, and class IV lasers
- Experienced in materials characterization, mechanical testing, metallography, SEM, TEM, XRD and EBSD
- Leveraging numerical tools to identify weldability between high-strength steels (JSC 980/JAC 980) and aluminum alloys (series 2000/6000/7000) during high-velocity impact welding
- Multiphysics simulation of foil vaporization during VFA process
- Fundamental studies and modeling of laser welding process with a focus on automotive parts
- Developing explicit finite element platform with different algorithms to simulate the interface between dissimilar materials with diffusion layer/coating during solid-state welding
- Implementing a computational platform based on smoothed particle hydrodynamics (SPH) method capable of simulating the interface between dissimilar materials during high-velocity impact welding
- Nassiri A., Abke T., Daehn G., 2019, “Investigation of melting phenomena in solid-state welding processes”. Scripta Materialia, 168, 61-66.
- Liu B., Palazotto A., Nassiri A., Vivek A., Daehn G., 2019, "Experimental and numerical investigation of interfacial microstructure in fully age-hardened 15-5 PH stainless steel during impact welding", Journal of Materials Science (54), 13, 9824-9842.
- Zhang S., Nassiri A., Kinsey B., 2018, “Numerical model and experimental investigation of electromagnetic tube compression with field shaper”, Procedia Manufacturing, 26, 537-542.
- Nassiri A., Vivek A., Abke T., Liu B. , Lee T., Daehn G., 2017, “Depiction of interfacial morphology in high-velocity impact welded Ti/Cu bimetallic systems using smoothed particle hydrodynamics”, Applied Physics Letters (110), 23, 1601 (featured on the cover).
- Nassiri A., Zhang S., Lee T., Abke T., Vivek A., Kinsey B., Daehn G., 2017, “Numerical investigation of CP-Ti & Cu110 impact welding using Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics and Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian methods”, Journal of Manufacturing Processes 28, 558-564.
- Kinsey B., Nassiri A., 2017, “Analytical model and experimental investigation of electromagnetic tube compression with axi-symmetric coil and field shaper”, CIRP Annals Manufacturing Technology 66, 273-276.
- Nassiri A., Kinsey B., Chini G., 2016, “Shear instability of plastically-deforming metals in high-velocity impact welding”, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids 95, 351-373.
- Nassiri A., Kinsey B., 2016, “Numerical studies on high-velocity impact welding: Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics (SPH) and Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian (ALE)”, Journal of Manufacturing Processes, 24, 376-381.
- Nassiri A., Chini G., Vivek A., Daehn G., Kinsey B., 2015, “Arbitrary Lagrangian Eulerian finite element simulation and experimental investigation of wavy interfacial morphology during high velocity impact welding”, Materials & Design 88, 345-358.
- Nassiri A., Campbell C., Chini G., Kinsey B., 2015, “Analytical model and experimental validation of single turn, axi-symmetric coil for electromagnetic forming and welding”, Procedia Manufacturing 1, 814-827.
- Nassiri A., Chini G., Kinsey B., 2014, “Spatial stability analysis of emergent wavy interfacial patterns during magnetic pulsed welding”, CIRP Annals Manufacturing Technology 63(1), 245-248.