Rodrigo Auza Gutierrez
Fridays 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Building Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) models for aerodynamic analysis of mechanical and aerospace systems
- Aero-induced structural analysis of automotive components
- Multi-physics simulations with a focus on fluid-structure interactions
- CFD: STAR-CCM+, Ansys Fluent, OpenFOAM
- FEA: Abaqus, Ansys Mechanical
- Multi-Physics: COMSOL
- Numerical and Experimental Prediction of Automobile Hood Lift in High Speed
- Prediction and Validation of Aerodynamically Induced Hood Vibration of Trailing Vehicles
- Prediction of Aerodynamically Induced Hood Vibration Prediction of Trailing Vehicles - M.S Thesis
- Auza, R., McNamara, J., Kimbrell, A., and Kang, P., “High Fidelity Modeling and Prediction of Hood Buffeting of Trailing Automobiles,” SAE International Journal of Passenger Car – Mechanical Systems (in review)
Turbulent structures in the wake of automobiles.