Tuesday and Wednesday 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
- 8+ years of experience in the CFD analysis of aerodynamics (e.g., vertical-axis wind turbine aerodynamics, vehicle drag reduction), acoustics (e.g., hydrodynamic noise prediction of centrifugal pump, sunroof buffeting noise reduction, axial cooling fan noise reduction), and heat transfer (refrigerated sales cabinet)
- ANSYS Fluent
- PTC Creo
- 5+ years of experience in experimental fluid dynamics (e.g., horizontal-axis wind turbine aerodynamics) and aeroacoustics (e.g., axial cooling fan noise reduction).
Proficient in Particle Image Velocimetry (2-D PIV and Stereoscopic PIV), Velocity and Pressure Measurements
- Evaluation of the Vibro-Acoustic Software – Wave 6
- A Numerical Study on Automotive Grille Tonal Noise
- Numerical Study of Trailing Edge Serrations on Sunroof Buffeting Noise Reduction
- Innovative Design on the Performance Improvement for a Vertical-Axis Wind Turbine at Low Tip-Speed-Ratios
- Model-Supported Heat-Flux Sensor Development
- Combined Fluid, Structural, and Acoustic Simulation of Dishwasher Noise and Vibration
Z. Wang, W. Tian and H. Hu. A Comparative Study on the Aeromechanic Performances of Upwind and Downwind Horizontal-Axis Wind Turbines. Energy Conversion and Management, 2018, 100-110.
Z. Wang, W. Tian, A. Ozbay and H. Hu. An Experimental Investigation on the Aeromechanic Performances and Wake Characteristics of an Innovative Dual-Rotor Wind Turbine. Energy, 2018, 94-109.
Z. Wang and M. Zhuang. Leading-Edge Serrations for Performance Improvement on a Vertical-Axis Wind Turbine at Low Tip-Speed-Ratios. Applied Energy, 2017, 1184-1197.
Z. Wang, A. Kimbrell and M. Zhuang. A Numerical Study on Automotive Grille Tonal Noise. NAFEMS World Congress, 2017. (Best Paper of Practical Use of Simulation Technology)
Z. Wang and M. Zhuang, A Numerical Study of Trailing Edge Serration on Sunroof Buffeting Noise Reduction. SAE Int. J. Veh. Dyn., Stab., and NVH, 1(2):2017.
Z. Wang, W. Tian, A. Ozbay, A. Sharma, H. Hu. An Experimental Study on the Aeromechanics and Wake Characteristics of a Novel Twin-Rotor Wind Turbine in a Turbulent Boundary Layer Flow. Experiments in Fluids, 57(9), 2016.