David Hillstrom is a research associate at SIMCenter within the College of Engineering at The Ohio State University. His research interests include design, system modeling, computational fluid dynamics, spray performance, systems engineering, and combustion. He has been a full-time researcher and student with the university since 2014 working on industry and defense partnerships and pursuing a PH.D. on the side.
- PH.D. in Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University, Expected Summer 2021
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University, 2014
- B.S. in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Oklahoma State University, 2011
- Improving fuel injection and other spray performance
- Gasoline and natural gas engine combustion
- 1D and 3D computational fluid dynamics
- Systems of systems analysis for DoD related engagement scenarios
- designing/constructing novel laboratory setups and data acquisition systems.