Systems Modeling & Simulation Education Program Overview
Why choose the SMS_ThinkTank Systems Modeling & Simulation Education Program for YOUR professional education?
SMS_ThinkTank is internationally known for its expertise in the Systems Modeling and Simulation disciplines including the Digital Twin, Industry 4.0 and related simulation areas. They provide the most comprehensive non-biased education and training offering for today's business and engineering professionals tasked with established model-based approaches in support of the larger digital transformation initiatives of their organization.
The education series presented by SMS_ThinTank leverages a common systems engineering and product data model (Model-Centric Systems Engineering) that encompasses benefits, requirements, platform, program, project, system definition, product structure, lifecycle,
and configuration-management capabilities. These are key enablers to reach higher systems modeling maturity levels and in turn, assist a company to reach and maintain a more competitive position within the industries it serves. innovation leaders realize that accurate, accessible, and trusted data is the foundation for insight and inspiration. It is also critical to recognize that the surrounding ecosystem with its various cultures and behaviors must be brought into play and linked together appropriately. This combined structure is foundational to defining and achieving sustainable innovation.
- The Systems Modeling & Simulation Education Program is unbiased and vendor agnostic and takes into consideration all solutions available on the market.
- Programs are taught by SMS_ThinkTank's own industry experts.
- The Systems Modeling & Simulation Program is tailored to a particular industry and the experiences of the participants.
- Attendees will gain a strong understanding of business needs related to the systems modeling and simulations concepts and industry-leading best-practices.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Those involved in digital transformation initiatives
- Program champions & sponsors
- Business managers
- Systems modeling & simulation practitioners
- Business subject matter experts
- Project leaders
- Systems modeling & simulation team members
- Program Champions & Sponsors
- IT professionals
- IT managers
- Instructional material will be delivered over a two-week timeframe
- Pre-recorded lectures are available 24/7 through the university’s Scarlet Canvas Learning platform
- Materials will be delivered asynchronously to provide flexibility to learners
- Meetings will be scheduled over Microsoft Teams
- Interactive synchronous discussions will be scheduled throughout the two-week course.
- Cost information available on course-specific websites.
The following courses will be offered:
- SMS Basic
- SMS Core Principles
- SMS Standard Principles
The Basic courses serve as prerequisites for the additional courses in the series.
The SMS Basics is the first course in the Systems Modeling and Simulation (SMS) course series. This course is offered for different audiences to provide a tailored learning experience:
- SMS Basics for Executives - Coming soon
- SMS Basics for Managers - Now available
- SMS Basics for Practitioners - Coming soon
Depending on which course you select, this course will cover topics including trends and challenges relative to SMS, benefits and challenges, and give you the tools to link these concepts to what you are experiencing at your own organization.
SMS CORE PRINCIPLES - Coming Soon
This course will provide a business perspective to Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), Fundamentals of MBS, and take a deeper dive into MBSE covering topics such as the “V” diagram, writing good requirements, and the role of taxonomy. Participants need to have completed one of the Basic courses to get the full benefit of this course.
SMS STANDARD PRINCIPLES - Coming Soon
This course will focus on the fundamentals of the Digital Twin. The course will cover topics including its role and structure within a modern Systems Engineering approach, implementation challenges, and provide a roadmap towards the Digital Twin and its maturity levels. Participants need to have completed one of the Basic courses to get the full benefit of this course.
Cancellations and Refunds
- A full refund minus a $50 administrative fee will be made if cancellation is received one week prior to the start of the course. No refunds within one week of the course start date.
Course Offering Dates
The course offering is not tied to the academic calendar as the focus is on professional development. Participants must complete each course during the specified time frame. Access to the online course and materials is removed when the course ends. The course hand-out material (slides) will be made available to download for note-taking and future reference.
To find out more about credentialing and program structure, please click here.